[Savannah-hackers] coreutils needs a bug-reporting address! [Re: @gnu.or

From: Jim Meyering
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] coreutils needs a bug-reporting address! [Re: @gnu.org or @mail.free...
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 15:40:12 +0200

address@hidden (Bob Proulx) wrote:
> Savannah Hackers
>
>> > Recently a new project was set up on Savannah, GNU Core Utils, which
>> > is a combined File, Shell and Text Utils.  The new mailing list in
> [...]
>
> There seem to be problems with the creation of address@hidden
> Currently it is not possible for people to subscribe to it.
>
> <address@hidden>: host mx10.gnu.org[199.232.76.166] said: 550
>     unknown user
>
> This is probably related to the previous discussion which seemed to
> indicate this was initially set up as a non-gnu list instead of a gnu
> one.  But perhaps not so don't let that statement bias you.
>
> It would be most appreciated if one of the savannah-hackers could help
> us out with this problem.  Or feel free to redirect me to a more
> appropriate forum.

Thanks for reporting that Bob.
I've just confirmed that neither address@hidden
nor address@hidden works.
Would someone please fix that?

If it's hard or time-consuming to make it so address@hidden
works, would you please at least make it an alias to address@hidden
coreutils-4.5.1 has been out for 2 weeks (since 1 Sept), and already,
the lack of a working bug-reporting address has caused several users
(that I know of) to be put off.  In addition, that package just
made it (sort of) into Debian's unstable last night.

If necessary, I can even make a 4.5.2 release that changes the
bug-reporting to be address@hidden, but I'd really rather
avoid that.

Please let me know.
Jim