[Savannah-hackers] Re: GNU shell account?

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: GNU shell account?
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 11:25:19 +0200

Alex Lancaster writes:
 > NF> I haven't added alex to the cvs-hackers mailing list. It's
 > NF> probably a good idea, though we don't use it that much anymore
 > NF> it's still a useful address (gord, jbailey, etc... are there I
 > NF> think).

        It is still used and useful, yes.

 > I just successfully logged in to subversions.gnu.org.  Thanks for
 > this.  All seems fine so far, I'll let you know if anything seems
 > amiss.

        We (Savannah & subversions maintainers) have a policy of
granting shell accounts to people who help maintain the Savannah &
subversions machine. I (Savannah & subversion maintainer ;-) have a
personal policy of getting to know each person who has a shell account
on Savannah and remember for which reason it is so. So that, at any
given time, I can browse the /etc/passwd file and spot someone who has
a shell account for no specific purpose.

        Of course there may be exceptions. We would very much
appreciate if you could give us a hand in maintaining Savannah &
subversions. There are many ways to do that, the first of which is to
browse the mailing lists (full of requests) the bug report and support
request web pages (full of bugs and requests ;-) and fix whatever you
can. Would you be willing to help us in this way ?

        Cheers,