[Savannah-hackers] Re: GNU shell account?

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: GNU shell account?
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 11:54:57 +0200

        Hi,

        First thanks for explaining the context. I could probably have
figured that out all by myself without bothering you.

address@hidden writes:
 > I know that CVS is one of Alex's area of expertise. Maybe we could
 > find a way of getting more of the CVS problems to us? Is there some
 > tracking tool where a CVS category could be setup?

        No at present. However, if you'd like to be the one (with Alex
help) to handle CVS related problems, I'm 100% sure all Savannah hackers
will be extremely happy to digest & send you the relevant requests.

        You could track CVS related things thru the Savannah bug
report and support request web pages. But most questions tagged CVS
are newbie questions that don't require your level of expertise nor
shell access to the machine. When a serious problem/issue is reported
if solving it means to send you an e-mail with the problem
description, it will be extremely useful.

        In the current state of things, Savannah hackers are

        Rudy Gevaert <address@hidden>
        Mathieu Roy <address@hidden>
        Laurent Julliar <address@hidden>
        Jaime Villate <address@hidden>
        Loic Dachary <address@hidden>

        There problably are one or two additional person occasionaly
helping with support/bug requests, Mathieu may cite them.

 > I've heard rumours that you're talking about using PostgreSQL. I've
 > got quite a lot of pgsql experience and I'd be happy to give you some
 > admin help (again, because I can do it quickly).

        I'm not aware of this.

 > Another thing I might be able to help with is where native english
 > speaking is required for drafting important messages. I've seen you
 > critised a few times for this (unjustly imho). I'd be happy to draft
 > stuff for you when you need it in prosaic english.

        That is *extremly* usefull. None of us are native english speakers.
We deserve the criticisms that were made.

 > And one day, I'm going to get to grips with the PHP stuff  /8->

        ;-)

 > Alex, I strongly suggest you get as involved in the savannah-hackers
 > mailing list for a time. It's a good way to get to know the other
 > admins on savannah (including Loic).

        address@hidden is a very high volume list. Maybe
address@hidden is more appropriate.

        Cheers,