[Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of Free Software wish list - savannah

From: Hugo Gayosso
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of Free Software wish list - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 21:38:02 -0400

Ignacio García Fernández <address@hidden> writes:

> Actually, our idea is more oriented to people that do not even know
> that such task list exists. A user request would be more something
> like what i said above about a chess program. Then people from
> wishlist would send a request to people in task list. Wishlist would
> act as a translator between end-user requests and developer tasks.

I think this fits properly with Mathieu's proposal for using
Savannah's Support feature.

> No, because if my mom wants to ask for a cook recipes program, and
> wants to see if anybody else also is interested on it, will probably
> find useless a developers tasklist :-)
>

> Our idea is an end-user web site, that later can be useful to
> developers. We would be very happy if the gnu project finds it
> interesting, but we were thinknig of something that would be
> separate from the task-list. Though it would be very desirable that
> we take it into account, using it as a mean of database.

I don't understand why using Savannah's Support feature doesn't fill
your needs.

As far as I can see, your proposal is a web site which will contain:

1) Web page with instructions
2) Web form to submit new requests
3) Web form to do search on the existing requests

and Savannah's Support Feature provides all this.

Take a look at the current form to submit a request:
http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=addsupport&group=tasklist

This of course could be customized to some extent.

I am probably missing something that you need, please help me
understand.

Note:

  In general, adding new applications to the GNU systems is limited by
  the amount of people committed to support it in the long term, so
  using already existing applications guarantees a well supported
  application and a good experience for the users.

Greetings,
- --
Hugo Gayosso