Re: [Savannah-hackers] moving groff CVS & mailing lists to savannah

From: Jeroen Dekkers
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 18:04:12 +0200

At Sat, 28 Aug 2004 07:27:47 +0100,
Elfyn McBratney wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 28, 2004 at 08:03:55AM +0200, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> >
> > The last few years groff has been hosted at ffii.org.  Now there are
> > new maintainers but they are restricting themselves to the current
> > activities of FFII, namely to fight against software patents.  They
> > asked me to move groff to savannah, so here I am.
> >
> > How shall I proceed?  IMHO the following tasks should be performed:
> >
> >   CVS:
> >
> >     . The complete groff CVS should be moved (including the attic
> >       files).  It's probably easiest to create an account on ffii.org
> >       for the savannah maintainers with proper access rights so that
> >       they simply can do an `scp' command to get everything.
>
> This is doable.
>
> >   Mailing lists (this isn't as urgent as the CVS problem):
> >
> >     . The complete `groff' mailing list archive should be moved too,
> >       but due to massive spam attacks the mbox files should be first
> >       sent through a mailing filter to remove all spam.  With other
> >       words, the HTML representation of the groff mailing list archive
> >       should *not* be copied to savannah but regenerated from scratch.
> >
> >     . All mailing list members (from `groff' and `groff-commit') should
> >       be moved.
> >
> >     . Finally, the forwarding from address@hidden to address@hidden
> >       should be reversed.
>
> All of this is also doable, but you would have to do the filtering of the
> mbox yourself.
>
> If you can get us access to a copy of the CVS respository, a list of
> subscribers for each of your mailing lists and a copy of the mbox archives
> for said lists, I can get this done.

The tarball of the full CVS repository is at
http://www.ffii.org/~jeroen/groffcvs.tar.gz

The list of members of the groff mailinglists is at
http://www.ffii.org/~jeroen/groff.members, the mbox archive at
http://www.ffii.org/~jeroen/groff.mbox. For the groff-commit list
it's http://www.ffii.org/~jeroen/groff-commit.members and
http://www.ffii.org/~jeroen/groff-commit.mbox.

I think that's all. If more things are needed, just ask.

Jeroen Dekkers