Re: [Savannah-hackers] moving groff CVS & mailing lists to savannah

From: Werner LEMBERG
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 22:50:43 +0200 (CEST)

> > The tarball of the full CVS repository is at
> > http://www.ffii.org/~jeroen/groffcvs.tar.gz
> >
> > The list of members of the groff mailinglists is at
> > http://www.ffii.org/~jeroen/groff.members, the mbox archive at
> > http://www.ffii.org/~jeroen/groff.mbox. For the groff-commit list
> > it's http://www.ffii.org/~jeroen/groff-commit.members and
> > http://www.ffii.org/~jeroen/groff-commit.mbox.
> >
> > I think that's all. If more things are needed, just ask.
>
> Thanks.  I've imported the groff repo into the CVS; created groff
> and groff-commit mailing lists (and removed their respective aliases
> on fencepost) and have auto-subscribed those in the .members files.
> You should be all set. :)

Thanks a lot for your quick work!

The CVS works fine -- will there a mail be automatically sent to the
groff-commit list if a `commit' has been done?

BTW, until now there wasn't a groff-commit mailing list archive -- I
think it isn't necessary.  How are other *-commit lists handled?

Since my old password no longer works, I assume that I shall send a
mail to the list, asking all people to click the `password reminder'
button to receive new passwords, right?  Or is it sufficient to wait
until a new password reminder email is sent? -- since Sept. 1st is
coming soon, this could be a good alternative.

To make the move of the mailing lists final I ask the FFII
administrators to set up a proper forward entry for address@hidden'.
No forward entry is necessary for address@hidden' since this
is a read-only list -- this has the additional advantage of reducing
spam.

In the next days I'll also populate the ftp.gnu.org server with the
remaining files which are still on /var/ftp/groff/...

Again, thank you all!

     Werner