Re: [Savannah-hackers] Custom license for new savannah.nongnu.org projec

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Custom license for new savannah.nongnu.org project?
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 20:35:02 +0200

Hi,

This license looks free and compatible with the GNU GPL, hence can be
used for a Savannah project.

If you want confirmation, you may want to ask address@hidden about
it.

On a side now, note that Savannah supports projects of the Free
Software movement, not projects of the Open Source movement.

We are careful about ethical issues and insist on producing software
that is not dependent on proprietary software.

While Open Source as defined by its founders means something pretty
close to Free Software, it's frequently misunderstood.  For more
information, please see
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-software-for-freedom.html.