Re: [savannah-help-public] Using mod_proxy to host the project homepage

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [savannah-help-public] Using mod_proxy to host the project homepage elsewhere
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2013 21:33:15 GMT

Bob,

I agree with your point that a redirect defeats the purpose of keeping
the existing url, since in reality the url people (and google) see is
the eventual real target that shows up in the address bar.

Beyond that, in principle, installing mod_proxy with its potential
hazards just to make it easy for people to avoid using us seems, um,
wrong.  I personally am not inclined to change the world just to accede
to one person's request but hey, it's not up to me.

    AFAIK the web pages are controlled by the FSF not the Savannah Hackers

The web pages for www.gnu.org are controlled by the FSF.
But savannah serves www.nongnu.org (from frontend).

karl