[savannah-help-public] Using mod_proxy to host the project homepage else

From: Paulo H. \"Taka\" Torrens
Subject: [savannah-help-public] Using mod_proxy to host the project homepage elsewhere
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2013 02:09:59 -0200

Hello,

I've been working for three eyes now on a project, and I started using
http://black.nongnu.org as it's homepage, and I really like how it sounds. =P
(though I started hosting the repository itself elsewhere long time ago)

I understand your security issues, but I'd really like to use some complex
features, so I'd need PHP (or Rails, or Jango, or...). A Wiki, a script to
build compiler packages (for the user to download exactly what he needs), a
pretty-printer to render the source code (including documentation comments and
stuff), and so on...

I tried using mod_proxy for that, so that I could host the webpage on my
servers and keep the beautiful domain name. I tried using this:

Options +FollowSymlinks -MultiViews
RewriteEngine on
RewriteBase /

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^(www\.)?black\.nongnu\.org$ [NC]
RewriteRule ^ http://www.google.com%{REQUEST_URI} [L,P]

But it didn't work... I assume mod_proxy isn't enabled.
Is there any way you could activate it? Otherwise, is there any other way I
could achieve this (without using ugly iframes)?

Thanks!