Re: Subprojects in Savannah

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Subprojects in Savannah
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2020 04:33:03 -0500

   Sorry, I've waited too long. I have started the migration o the GNU
   Health mercurial repository to OSDN. It's a pity, but it seems like the
   requests over these years for the modernization of Savannah have not
   been taken into consideration.

They have, but like all volunteer projects -- someone has to do the
work.  Would you like to help with that?  Nothing will happen, nor
will it help Savannah or the GNU project if everyone does nothing.

How is OSDN ranked on the GNU Ethical Repository list?  You say that
it only hosts free software licesed projects, but that isn't what they
say -- the say open source licenses, this is not the same.

I suggest that GNU health moves back to savannah, it isn't too late to
do this.  What needs to be done for this to happen?

   I even asked in the meantime to manually create some additional
   repositories, but I never got an answer.

Did you remind them?  It might be that they simply missed it.

   Here is the news:
   https://savannah.gnu.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=9874

You are using the word ecosystem -- something that lacks any kind of
ethical or moral judgment -- to describe GNU Health, it is a word best
to avoid in describing free software and GNU projects.  See
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html#Ecosystem .