Re: Please make a repo for the GNU C Manual

From: Ineiev
Subject: Re: Please make a repo for the GNU C Manual
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 06:41:32 +0000

On Thu, Aug 25, 2022 at 11:34:54PM -0400, Richard Stallman wrote:

>   > The instructions for the git repository are given on
>   > https://savannah.nongnu.org/git/?group=c-intro-and-ref
>
> Now that it is listed as a GNU package, how do I get these instructions?

The instructions are the same; that URL now redirects to
https://savannah.gnu.org/git/?group=c-intro-and-ref

> I tried giving my SSH password and then
>
>   git clone https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/c-intro-and-ref

That command is for anonymous clone; no password is needed.

> but it gave me an error
>
>     fatal: unable to access
> 'https://git.savannah.gnu.org/p/c-intro-and-ref/': server certificate
> verification failed. CAfile: none CRLfile: none
>
> Is this a bug?  Should I do something else?

It looks like some SSL certificate was missing; for me, it works fine:

        $ git clone https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/c-intro-and-ref
        Cloning into 'c-intro-and-ref'...
        warning: You appear to have cloned an empty repository.

What 'wget -O /dev/null -d https://git.savannah.gnu.org' outputs?