Re: Please make a repo for the GNU C Manual

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: Please make a repo for the GNU C Manual
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 18:50:04 -0600

Hi Ian,

I trimmed the recipient list for this auxilary information discussion.

Ian Kelling wrote:
> Richard Stallman writes:
> >     fatal: unable to access
> > 'https://git.savannah.gnu.org/p/c-intro-and-ref/': server certificate
> > verification failed. CAfile: none CRLfile: none
>
> I think this is either a bug fixed in newer software or the certificates
> in your os are too old.

I think rms will need to use ssh protocol regardless and that
sidesteps this particular problem.  However I wanted to answer your
later question about the Savannah side of things.

> What trisquel version are you on now?

The git.savannah.gnu.org system is hosted on vcs2 and is at this time
Trisquel 9 Etiona.  The https certificates are EFF Let's Encrypt ones
and current.

I can anonymous clone using https as far back as on a Debian 8 Stretch
system running git 2.11.0 and openssl 1.1.0l.  And also on an Unstable
edge system with git 2.37.2 and openssl 3.0.5.

Bob