Re: Please make a repo for the GNU C Manual

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: Please make a repo for the GNU C Manual
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 22:36:13 -0600

Richard Stallman wrote:
> I decided not to publish the old versions.  Not ony would have
> complicated matters, there is also the issue that they don't have
> licenses.

That does simplify things greatly.

> The one thing I still need is to know how to specify the name of the
> principal branch.  I decided to wait for that info before committing
> anything.

What name do you want to use for the principal branch?  Then specific
instructions could be supplied.

And actually it might be simplest if I were to reach into the remote
git repository and set that as the default branch name, and then have
you clone it again so that you don't need to do anything on your end.

Bob