Re: Please make a repo for the GNU C Manual

From: Ian Kelling
Subject: Re: Please make a repo for the GNU C Manual
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 16:54:39 -0400

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

> I tried giving my SSH password and then
>
>   git clone https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/c-intro-and-ref
>
> but it gave me an error
>
>     fatal: unable to access
> 'https://git.savannah.gnu.org/p/c-intro-and-ref/': server certificate
> verification failed. CAfile: none CRLfile: none
>
> Is this a bug?  Should I do something else?

I think this is either a bug fixed in newer software or the certificates
in your os are too old.

A workaround is to disable git's certification verification for the
current shell:

export GIT_SSL_NO_VERIFY=1

or for all commands with:

git config --global http.sslverify false

To get an update to fix the issue, I suggest 1st trying to update all
your software:

apt update
apt dist-upgrade

or if that has a problem, just one package

apt update
apt install ca-certificates

What trisquel version are you on now?

--
Ian Kelling | Senior Systems Administrator, Free Software Foundation
GPG Key: B125 F60B 7B28 7FF6 A2B7  DF8F 170A F0E2 9542 95DF