Speakup works with Czech language

From: Hynek Hanke
Subject: Speakup works with Czech language
Date: Mon Sep 4 09:59:45 2006

Hi Kirk,

how are you? I have some good news for you! We managed to get
Speakup working with the Czech codepage. The trick is that
in the international character sets, only some console fonts
pass the keycodes properly to Speakup.

So e.g. for the Czech language one must use the iso02.fxx.psf
fonts (as oposed to lat2u-xx.psf or lat2-sunxx.psf. This isn't
a difficult solution and also different character sets can
be used on different consoles, which could be a good thing
for the future. But I think it should be mentioned somewhere
in the documentation, that only some console fonts work and
that it's preferable to use the standard iso-* fonts, because
although the other fonts also work with the iso character table,
they somehow mess up the input to speakup.

Now it talks Czech through Festival!

Regards,
Hynek