having various problems

From: Kirk Reiser
Subject: having various problems
Date: Mon Sep 4 09:59:45 2006

Kirk Reiser <address@hidden> writes:

> On the other hand I tried installing the speech-dispatcher debian
> package on my machine at home and it quit with an error at the
> configuration stage because it couldn't find libflite_cmu-us... I
> don't remember the rest of the library name now but it looks to me
> that possibly the flite package doesn't install those libraries or
> there's a dependency problem with the package.

After playing around with the debian installation problem I found that
it was a problem on my system.  For some reason the libflite*
libraries had been blown away and I have no idea how that happened.  I
apt-get --reinstalled the libflite1 package and all the missing
libraries showed up and speech-dispatcher installed flawlessly.

At last check though the anonymous cvs checkout is still broken.

I'll try building speechd-up and see how it goes on the system with
the debian installed packages.

  Kirk

--

Kirk Reiser                             The Computer Braille Facility
e-mail: address@hidden          University of Western Ontario