having various problems

From: Hynek Hanke
Subject: having various problems
Date: Mon Sep 4 09:59:45 2006

On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 10:08:11AM -0500, Kirk Reiser wrote:
> First of all Hynek, on the speechd-up web page I couldn't find any
> reference to the cvs module name so I had to download the tarball. I
> just thought you might want to know.

This is a good point. This should be added here.

The module name is "speechd-up".

> I have checked out the speechd module on a machine here but it is having
> problems building the tools needed for compiling speech dispatcher.
> Firstly the INSTALL document doesn't mention needing to have libtool
> installed

It does. First, there is a list of general requirements. Then there
is a list marked "Only if you are building from CVS, you also need
these".

> I will include the build.sh output below the cvs output but as I said
> I'm pretty sure it's a result of not having the entire tree to work
> with.

Yes, it's mostly that. But it also seems you have an old version of
automake, because it complains that some construct regarding
subdirectories isn't supported. Automake 1.7 or newer is required.

With Regards,
Hynek