[RFC] speech dispatcher client/server data types

From: Hynek Hanke
Subject: [RFC] speech dispatcher client/server data types
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2010 11:24:49 +0200

Hello all,

we have several convenience libraries: C, Python, Emacs
lisp (maintained in a separate package speechd-el), Common
Lisp/Guile.

If some files are shared between the server and C API,
it still does not ensure any kind of consistency or propagation
of changes into client libraries.

Hence, the definitive source of knowledge here is not
headers, but documentation. I think there is no question
about it.

I think it is true, on the other side, that we can still gain
something by sharing some structures and convenience
functions for their conversion between the C server and C API,
as long as this is separated into a library that is not a part
of either of those.

Would you mind preparing a list of structures and functions
for which this would make sense?

Best regards,
Hynek