[RFC] speech dispatcher client/server data types

From: Hynek Hanke
Subject: [RFC] speech dispatcher client/server data types
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 22:28:14 +0200

On 21.10.2010 22:00, Andrei Kholodnyi wrote:
> William, I'm wondering how long do you plan to wait for the Hynek's answer?

Sorry, at the point you asked that question, it was not
clear to me what is the proper design. In the meantime
I thought about it and now I have a very clear picture
of how things should be.

Your patch is a step in the right direction, so I'm for pushing
it into master. Sorry, can't do it now, but if William can,
it has all my support. It is actually not against my concern
of separating the server from the API. I'll post about it in the
following days, but Andrei's patch doesn't have to wait for this...

Sorry for being quite busy with other things after we have got
back from Sevilla, discussing Speech Dispatchers integration
into Gnome and possible improvements to eSpeak. We have also
been thinking and discussing of how to make easier the interoperability
with BrlTTY and Speakup and came up with some good ideas, but
I didn't have time yet to formulate these.

What I can say is that our new website, issue tracking system
and Wiki pages are all now very very close. I'm looking forward, it
will be a big improvement!

Thank you & Best Regards,
Hynek