Re: [STUMP] Paulownia, aka StumpWM 2.0.0

From: Alberto Otero de la Roza
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Paulownia, aka StumpWM 2.0.0
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2015 09:35:08 -0700

Hi all,

For my part, I'd like to put in a good word for floating groups. I
normally use stumpwm on a single monitor, and most of the time it is
very comfortable to use. However, there are times when along comes a
program that likes spamming a host of tiny dialogs, windows, toolbars
and whatnot. In that case, it is nice having the option of switching
to a non-tiled group to deal with that program, and kill it when I'm
done. Current support for floating windows is a bit rudimentary (for
instance, there is no maximize, minimize, restore, and always-on-top
options) so it would be nice if it were improved or at least existent
in 2.0.

Also, is there any way to provide better support for
very-high-resolution monitors (e.g. 3200x1800)? Other WMs have made
good progress towards providing a way to scale text, icons,
etc. consistently.

Best,

Alberto