summer-of-code

Outcome of the GNU mentors meeting in IRC

From: Jose E. Marchesi
Subject: Outcome of the GNU mentors meeting in IRC
Date: Thu, 02 May 2013 11:42:26 +0200

Hi all.

So we had a short meeting in IRC yesterday, and this was decided by
unanimity:

- Every participating GNU package decides how many essential and desired
  slots it wants.  Please send the numbers to address@hidden
  before Sunday 5 May.

- If we get all the essential slots we ask for then they will be
  distributed among the GNU packages as they requested them.

- If we get less essential slots then we will distribute them evenly
  among all the participating GNU packages.  The goal is to maximize the
  number of packages participating in the SOC.

- The same strategy will be applied to the desired slots.

Note that none of the above applies to Octave.  They lobbied their own
way directly with Google and thus they will get the slots explicitly
assigned by Google.

Please don't forget to send the number of essential/desired slots before
Sunday 5 May!

Also, please send me the mentor contact information requested in another
email (this also includes Octave mentors).

Thanks!