RE: [Swftools-common] version 1.0?

From: Matthew Richer
Subject: RE: [Swftools-common] version 1.0?
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 15:16:48 -0400

It is a pretty common issue amongst FOSS software.  I always make a point of
telling management, "Hey, if you want X feature done now (say multiply
blended transparency groups), then donate some money or contact the lead
developers and get a price for the custom work.  If you aren't willing to
put money on it, then you'll have to wait for the developers to get around
to it.  There are doing this in their spare time and most likely cannot and
do not make a living off of this."  If I had enough knowledge on the
language at hand and the area (PDF/Flash manipulations) I would donate some
time myself, but alas I do not have the skill set.

Cheers,
Matt