synaptic-devel

Re: [Synaptic-devel] Language issue regarding the use of Gettext

From: Jean-Michel POURE
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] Language issue regarding the use of Gettext
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 10:58:29 +0200

Le Mardi 16 Septembre 2003 02:42, Michael Vogt a écrit :
> > 4) "Package that" fails to translate in several languages. See my last
> > email. There is no other issue but to write "Package that fail: %s",
> > "Package that succeed: %s", etc... As many times as choices. There is no
> > turnaround.
>
> Sorry, I don't know what exactly you are refering to.
> Can you please help me here?

Dear Michael,

I checked the latest sources. Could you explain me in short how to generate a
./configure script? Do you have a legacy script for extracting the .pot file?

If I can configure and generate a .pot file, I will be able to enquire deeply.
My last message was refering to the display of the number of packages at the
bottom of the dialog. It should be something like:

"%d packages installed, %d packages ..." in a single sting.

Thanks, cheers,
Jean-Michel