Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: a voir

From: roberto
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: a voir
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2002 10:25:47 +0200

Dear Ralph,
     thank you for reminding us of the security issues: I think any
development of features similar to those found in Active-DVI will
encounter the same difficulties.

The current status of the situation in Active-DVI is:

   - there are three levels of security, corresponding to
     command line options
           exec: launch any application
           ask: ask before launching an application
           safer: launch no application

   - the user has the right to define her/his policy in the .advirc file
   - the system administrator has the right to set a global policy
     in /etc/advirc
   - the defult is (if I rember well) ask

   - launching advi with the -n option will give a list of all
     esternal applications referenced in the .dvi file

I do not know if the debian packaged version is actually recent enough to
incorporate this, but thelatest official release of Active-DVI incorporates
all this...

--Roberto

--
--Roberto Di Cosmo

Professeur (on leave at/detache a INRIA Roquencourt)
PPS                             E-mail: address@hidden
Universite Paris VII            WWW  : http://www.dicosmo.org
Case 7014                       Tel  : ++33-(1)-39 63 52 77
2, place Jussieu                Fax  : ++33-(1)-44 27 68 49
F-75251 Paris Cedex 05
FRANCE.                  MIME/NextMail accepted
Office location:

Paris VII                       INRIA Roquencourt

Bureau 6C14 (6th floor)         Bureau 820, Batiment 8
175, rue du Chevaleret, XIII
Metro Chevaleret, ligne 6       Roquencourt