Re: [Texmacs-dev] RE: Texmacs segfault

From: Stéphane Payrard
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] RE: Texmacs segfault
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 23:35:42 +0200

On (10/10/02 19:30), Felix Breuer wrote:
> Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] RE: Texmacs segfault
> From: Felix Breuer <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden
> Date: 10 Oct 2002 19:30:23 +0200
>
> Hello!
>
> My texmacs works when selecting text, at least it has not crashed yet.
> It does segfault upon saving, though.
>
> Is there any way to compile texmacs with debugging symbols? The
> configure-script does apparently not support --enable-debug=yes. So, is
> there a way to do this?
>
> I have tried versions 1.0.0.16 and 1.0.0.18 and got the same error each
> time.
>
> Regards,
> Felix.
>
> On Thu, 2002-10-10 at 13:04, Alexander Isacson wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Does your texmacs work when selecting text? E.i writing two paragraphs
> > and then trying to select the text bewteen the paragraphas a coulpe of
> > times. I made a screenshot of texmacs running within gdb. I tried to get
> > debugging symbols complied but I wasn't able to. If you look at the
> > screen shot you'll know what I mean.
> >
> > Btw, what arch. are you on?
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Alexander Isacson
> >
> > ps.
> > sorry for sending a big picutre to the mailinglist but I currently lack
> > a working webserver.
> > ds.
> >
> > On Thu, 2002-10-10 at 11:18, Felix Breuer wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I am having the same problem: segfault when saving. I am also using
> > > gcc-3.2 based gentoo linux 1.4. When compiling texmacs I get warings
> > > about deprecated headers being used (<iostream.h>). I do not suppose
> > > that might have something to do with it?

I suggest commenting out the first three functions in basic.cc.
Please tell us what result you do obtain by applying this suggestion.

I am doing stuff with Qt and gcc 3.2 and texmacs crashes immediately
without this commenting out. With regular texmacs, commenting out
results in a more stable texmacs. I am using Mandrake cooker but I
suspect this may be true on other platform using gcc 3.2.

For debugging purpose: I am not mastering the make system. After the
configure, I just manually patch common.makefile to add the -g
switch.

--
  stef