[Texmacs-dev] Texmacs For Windows Beta!!!!

From: Dan Martens
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Texmacs For Windows Beta!!!!
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 21:57:29 -0400

Hello everyone,

Well, after a long day at the keyboard..there is finally a beta version of my
TeXmacs port to windows!!! :)

This build has many many fixes from my last post to the FTP site. The most
significant of these include:

1) The build now has an Installshield automatic installer to simplify the whole
process.

2) The scrolling is fixed.

To Install the build:

1) Install the MikTeX for windows distribution, found at
ftp://ftp.texmacs.org/pub/TeXmacs/dev/miktex.exe (very large)

2) Install ghostscript for windows found at
ftp://ftp.texmacs.org/pub/TeXmacs/dev/gs800w32.exe

3)Install ghostview for windows found at
ftp://ftp.texmacs.org/pub/TeXmacs/dev/gsv44w32.exe

4)Install texmacs for windows found at
ftp://ftp.texmacs.org/pub/TeXmacs/dev/texmacs.exe

Make sure to follow the installer prompts carefully especially when it asks for
the paths to your miktex and ghostscript distributions.

This is a BETA, so please...send me any bugs\problems or comments :)that you
may have.  Please be specific on how to reproduce the problem in your email. I
don't have time to do extensive testing on this, so the only way it is going to
get better is if we all try it out.

If you have any questions, you know where to find me.

Dan

P.S. Joris, looks like I got lucky and managed to fix pretty much everything we
were talking about the other day.  The only thing left is the MikTex dependancy.