RE: [Texmacs-dev] Texmacs For Windows Beta!!!!

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Texmacs-dev] Texmacs For Windows Beta!!!!
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 15:53:04 -0400

Dan,

Ok, I deleted the .TeXmacs folder from

  C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator

and then in a command window I typed

  C:\> cd \Program Files\texmacs
  C:\Program Files\TeXmacs> texmacswin32 --debuglog
  C:\Program Files\TeXmacs> type debug.log

The resulting debug.log file is between the ***** below:

***********
lloWelcome to TeXmacs 1.0.0.17
Since this seems to be the first time you run this
version of TeXmacs, I will first analyze your system
in order to set up some TeX paths in the correct way.
This may take some seconds; the result can be found in

        $TEXMACS_HOME_PATH/system/TEX_PATHS

By default, $TEXMACS_HOME_PATH contains ~/.TeXmacs
TeXmacs] kpsepath does not work with your TeX distribution
TeXmacs] kpsewhich works with your TeX distribution
TeXmacs] MakeTFM works with your TeX distribution
TeXmacs] MakeTeXPK works with your TeX distribution
TeXmacs] texhash does not work with your TeX distribution
TeXmacs] locate does not work; I will try something else
TeXmacs] found TeX directory C:\texmf
I could not find a TeX system on your system
If you did install one, please set the system variables

        TEX_TFM_PATH
        TEX_PK_PATH

with the paths where the tfm resp. pk file
can be found on your system and restart 'TeXmacs'
***********

I notice the odd "llo" at the beginning. Is that normal?

>From the same command window I have no trouble running
the latex command of MikTex

   C:\Program Files\TeXmacs> latex
   This is TeX, Version 3.14159 (MiKTeX 2.2)

Should I try to follow the instructions to set
        TEX_TFM_PATH
        TEX_PK_PATH
? How would I do that?

Here is the current environment

**************
C:\>set
ALDORROOT=C:\Program Files\Aldor
ALLUSERSPROFILE=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users
APPDATA=C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data
CLIENTNAME=Console
CommonProgramFiles=C:\Program Files\Common Files
COMPUTERNAME=ASUS
ComSpec=C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe
GS_PATH=C:\gs
GUILE_LOAD_PATH=C:\Program Files\TeXmacs
HOMEDRIVE=C:
HOMEPATH=\Documents and Settings\Administrator
INCLUDE=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
.NET\FrameworkSDK\include\
LIB=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\FrameworkSDK\Lib\
LOGONSERVER=\\ASUS
NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS=1
OS=Windows_NT
Path=C:\texmf\miktex\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\Syste
m32\Wbem
;C:\Program Files\Aldor\bin;C:\msys\1.0\bin;;c:\mingw\bin
PATHEXT=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH
PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE=x86
PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER=x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 4, GenuineIntel
PROCESSOR_LEVEL=15
PROCESSOR_REVISION=0204
ProgramFiles=C:\Program Files
PROMPT=$P$G
SESSIONNAME=Console
SystemDrive=C:
SystemRoot=C:\WINDOWS
TEMP=C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp
TEXMACS_PATH=C:\Program Files\TeXmacs\TeXmacs-1.0.0.17
TEX_HOME=C:\texmf
TMP=C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp
USERDOMAIN=ASUS
USERNAME=Administrator
USERPROFILE=C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator
VSCOMNTOOLS="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
.NET\Common7\Tools\"
windir=C:\WINDOWS

Ok, were to from here?

Bill Page.