Re: [Texmacs-dev] [ANN] My public plugin repository

From: David Allouche
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] [ANN] My public plugin repository
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 14:29:21 +0100

On Tue, Oct 28, 2003 at 03:17:06PM +0100, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Oct 2003, David Allouche wrote:
> > I have just created a new category "plugins" in my texmacs archive. It
> > contains my collection of personal plugins and may be of interest to
> > some people.
> >
> > Everyone is encouraged to modify those plugins and/or add their own
> > plugins either using old-tech methods (patches by email...) or by
> > creating a personal arch archive.
>
> Nice. It should soon be possible to make them part of the CVS archive.
> I intend to create a 'plugins' directory for extern contributions,
> where we can give write access to whoever you want.

Though the CVS is arguably a very good thing, I still think it is a very
bad idea to start using this legacy technology now instead or GNU Arch,
which is much better in every way.

I would try to figure out a good way to have "your" CVS and "my" Arch
essentially synchronized with minimum efford and without losing too much
information in the CVS->Arch direction. But, again, I would need some
time alloted to this task.

--
                                                            -- ddaa