Re: [Texmacs-dev] Conversion question

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Conversion question
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 12:57:24 +0200

On Mon, Jun 27, 2005 at 04:49:22PM +0700, Andrey G. Grozin wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Jun 2005, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:
> > Someone knows what is the most standard way to convert a jpeg image
> > to postscript? The current way TeXmacs does this is not fully correct.
> I use jpeg2ps (http://www.pdflib.com/products/more/jpeg2ps.html). It
> produces the most compact .eps files - it just inlines jpeg image (this
> is allowed by PostScript, and ghostscript understands this).

Unfortunately, this does not seem to be standard,
since it is not on my computer (full installation of RedHat 9.0).
Is there something more standard than that ?

> By the way, there is a vector drawing tool Vrr written in guile:
> http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/projekty/vrr/
> Does it have something in common with the forthcoming
> graphics mode in TeXmacs?

No.

> Can something be borrowed from this project?

The icons at least; ours are really ugly.

> At least, can a TeXmacs interface to it be written? (I'm sure it can).

Not so easy. The point behind our tool is that it will be
compatible with all other facilities of TeXmacs: formulas, macros, etc.

Best wishes, Joris