Re: [Texmacs-dev] Conversion question

From: Andrey G. Grozin
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Conversion question
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 18:45:06 +0700 (NOVST)

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:
> > I use jpeg2ps (http://www.pdflib.com/products/more/jpeg2ps.html). It
> > produces the most compact .eps files - it just inlines jpeg image (this
> > is allowed by PostScript, and ghostscript understands this).
> Unfortunately, this does not seem to be standard,
> since it is not on my computer (full installation of RedHat 9.0).
> Is there something more standard than that ?
Well, the choice is not very large. There is jpeg2ps (if you want rpm, it
lives at rpm.livna.org, because the package is not quite free software,
though it can be used for free). By the way, jpeg2ps *is* in Gentoo Linux
(which I'm using), it's also in debian non-free.  There is also imgtops2
(http://isotropic.org/uw//postscript/imgtops2/). That's all. Not much to
choose from.

Andrey