Re: [Texmacs-dev] Tikz

From: Jeroen Wouters
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Tikz
Date: Sat, 22 May 2021 23:04:10 +0100

On Sat, 22 May, 2021 at 21:17, TeXmacs <texmacs@lix.polytechnique.fr> wrote:
Hi all, On Sat, May 22, 2021 at 12:45:20PM +0100, Jeroen Wouters wrote:
I have the impression that plugins are no longer being detected on restart. When I start with a clean TEXMACS_HOME_PATH and install a new plugin there, it is not detected, even after several restarts. It only appears after clicking Tools->Update->Plugins.
It is true that the detection is not launched systematically (since this may potentially slow down the start-up quite a bit). Maybe we should regularly do this kind of more expensive operations during idle time.

Thanks for the clarification, Joris.

Perhaps the documentation could use some updating in that case. Currently, in `TeXmacs/doc/devel/plugin/plugin-install.en.tm` it says "As soon as you restart TeXmacs, the plug-in should be automatically recognized."

Best wishes,
Jeroen