[Texmacs-dev] Free Software needs Free Documentation

From: martin-kemp
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Free Software needs Free Documentation
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2021 12:39:29 +0200 (CEST)

> From: ederag <edera@gmx.fr>
> Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Free Software needs Free Documentation
> Date: 20/06/2021 12:06:24 Europe/Paris
> Cc: rms@gnu.org;
>    martin-kemp@brusseler.com;
>    TeXmacs <texmacs@lix.polytechnique.fr>

> Dear Joris,
> >
> On dimanche 20 juin 2021 11:26:58 CEST TeXmacs wrote:
> > There is a fairly complete integrated manual that is also available in Pdf
> > form from our website. Of course, further contributions are always welcome,
> > also on other types of documentation such as tutorials or videos.

> True.

> Thank you Joris for your dedication to free software.

> Hopefully others will reconsider whether pursuing this thread is the smartest move,
> especially when the 2.1 release is so close.

> Best regards,
> Ederag

Dear Ederag

I hear you.  That Free Software needs Free Documentation is a valid argument rather than
a bad-faith argument.  I cannot see how you can avoid said discussion as I will continue to
function in areas of activity as much as everybody else.  It makes no difference to me
whether it is CNRS, Centrale Supelec, Imperial College, or any other state institution.

I made myself like this.  Only what I want happens within me.  What I want might not always
happen around me.  But within me, only what I want happens.  Understand this.

Education is about an opportunity to explore things that you do not find on the street.