tsp-devel

Re: [Tsp-devel] CVS broken

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [Tsp-devel] CVS broken
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 23:06:30 +0200

2009/6/2 Frederik Deweerdt <address@hidden>:
> Hi folks,
>
> It seems that the CVS access to tsp is b0rked, or is it just me?

Nope the whole Savannah.org site has faced a major breakdown
due to a repeated  disk crash.
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-users/2009-05/msg00023.html

The currently offered solution for restore are given there
https://savannah.gnu.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=5828

Unfortunately I did not rsync the repository recently,
but may be there were not so much change since the 29th of April
(date of the last valid backup).

I think we should restore from this backup.
What do you think?

May be we should (re)start a discussion on using either Git or Hg as a
replacement for CVS.
DVCS are obviously more robust solutions in this kind of situation,
plus the other advantages they bring.

--
Erk