tsp-devel

Re: [Tsp-devel] CVS broken

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [Tsp-devel] CVS broken
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 08:59:20 +0200

2009/6/2 Frederik Deweerdt <address@hidden>:

>> May be we should (re)start a discussion on using either Git or Hg as a
>> replacement for CVS.
>> DVCS are obviously more robust solutions in this kind of situation,
>> plus the other advantages they bring.
>
> Yes, yes, yes! I'd say that we could let savannah as is and sync from
> time to time, I'll try setting up a repository at github to see what
> can be done with the import options . I'm more familiar with git, but
> don't mind using mercurial either.

What do you mean by "as-is"?
Savannah is now (since some time ago) offering either
git or hg hosting as VCS.

We could ask Savannah hackers to switch from CVS to either git or hg
while staying at Savannah.

We could then replicate the (git-or-hg) repository to github but
normally we do not need that since every (active) developer should have
copy of the repo on its oiwn disk.

Personnally I would suggest to restore CVS and then prepare the switch
to git or hg and then switch.

I'll start a thread with git vs hg  soon.

--
Erk