tsp-devel

Re: [Tsp-devel] CVS broken

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [Tsp-devel] CVS broken
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 23:14:48 +0200

2009/6/5 Yves DUF <address@hidden>:
> Hello all !
>
> Also keep in mind that some "old" users of TSP, might find difficult to use
> new tools like git.
> On enterprise servers, it's sometimes very painfull to add new tools.
> So if you find a solution to keep backward compatibility, that could be
> nice.

I'm preparing some before/after comparison and a list
of some "reasonable" constraint for the switch.

Read-only access (or limited write access) through CVS is one
of those constraint that may be fullfilled by "git-cvsserver"
http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/git-cvsserver.html

which hopefully provided by Savannah for git-powered project

https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/UsingGit
 --> git-cvsserver pserver compatibility

I think "enterprise" may benefits form git because they
can more easily maintain local modifications with full-versioning
before they go upstream.

They can even install a git-mirror on a single enterprise machine
and make all other access this "inside-enterprise machine"
through their own git-cvsserver.

I'll try to draw some possible usage pattern.

--
Erk