uracoli-devel

[uracoli-devel] Problems with Dresden RCB128RFA1 + RBB

From: Eduardo Aldaz Carroll
Subject: [uracoli-devel] Problems with Dresden RCB128RFA1 + RBB
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 13:21:35 +0200

Hi guys

I am using the example xmpl_radio_range  project found in uracoli-src-0.1.0rc1/xmpl/  that I downloaded from the web.

I have had success running it in the RCB231ED + RBB combo by selecting in AVR Studio 4.18 as active configuration the rbb231

However I have no success with the RCB128RFA1 + RBB combo.  I select rbb128rfa1  and it compiles fine, but once uploaded and started (I’m using JTAGICE MK-II) it seems to crash even before it sends the message “Simple Range Test” thru the serial port.

It has also surprised me that the setting for Frequency is set for 8MHz when the internal RC oscillator is 16MHz.

The fuses are set per board_rbbrfa1.h as

Fuses/Locks:

     LF: 0xe2 - 8MHz internal RC Osc.

     HF: 0x11 - without boot loader

     EF: 0xff

I have also noticed on the Message window of JTAGICE mkII the following message repeated continuosly:

JTAGICE mkII: Target has entered sleep mode

JTAGICE mkII: Target has left sleep mode

Obviously not good news…

Also the red led flashes very fast (not at 1-2Hz as normally)

Has anyone had success using this setup before?  Any tips on what could be happening here?

Thanks

Eduardo