uracoli-devel

Re: [uracoli-devel] Problems with Dresden RCB128RFA1 + RBB

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [uracoli-devel] Problems with Dresden RCB128RFA1 + RBB
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 11:53:57 +0200

As Eduardo Aldaz Carroll wrote:

> All I need to know to not worry all weekend is to know if uracoli
> works OK on this chip?

I've been using that combination (RCB128RFA1 + Breakout board)
successfully with the µracoli "wireless UART" application in the past.
You could normally watch it working here:

http://cgi.uracoli.de/cgi-bin/schrammel8.cgi

(the sensor node uses a Zigbit module, but the RS-232 gateway node is
the RCB128RFA1+BB combo mentioned) except that some hailstorm on last
weekend got too much water into the box containing the sensor so it
failed.

While trying to repair it, I also noticed it has already been
suffering from quite some corrosion during the ~ 3 months it has been
sitting in its outdoor location.  Thus, I decided to craft some better
protection for it (covering the PCB with some coating, mount it in a
way so it doesn't lie in the water quickly again), and while it's out
of work, I'd also like to change the data transmission from the simple
dumb wireless UART protocol to full TX_ARET/RX_AACK mode.  That's why
it's still out of operation after almost a week.

So, basically yes, µracoli doesn't have a real problem with the
ATmega128RFA1 even though not every application and example has been
tested yet against it.