Re: Q&A FAQ URL - add to "Getting Help" page

From: Grant Bowman
Subject: Re: Q&A FAQ URL - add to "Getting Help" page
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 15:30:31 -0700

* Alfred M. Szmidt <address@hidden> [020510 14:59]:
> And this is relevant to the Hurd in what way exactly?
>
> I do not believe that people in general are so stupid that they need
> some kind of an FAQ to learn how to ask an question.  If they do, than
> humanity is doomed.  Most questions (even the most silly ones that
> ask about how to do something on Windows) get answered anyway.
>
> Also, I found some of your comments quite insulting.  Like the one
> about "GNU/RMS-negativity" and where you say that the lack of
> resources would produce something of an worse quality.
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Alfred M. Szmidt

Insulting?  You don't think RMS has strong opinions?  I was reading the
document specifically from an RMS viewpoint, that's all.

Regarding resources, I am simply stating a fact.  The Hurd lacks
resources overall.  Otherwise it might have be finished sooner.
Regarding a worse quality -document-, do you think you can write
something better than what ESR wrote?  I surely would not take the time
to do so.  You are negatively extrapolating from what I said.

I can't control what you read into it, but that was not intended at all.

--
-- Grant Bowman                                <address@hidden>