Re: Q&A FAQ URL - add to "Getting Help" page

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Q&A FAQ URL - add to "Getting Help" page
Date: 11 May 2002 01:13:49 +0200

* Grant Bowman writes:
> Insulting?  You don't think RMS has strong opinions?  I was reading the
> document specifically from an RMS viewpoint, that's all.

I found the name calling quite insulting.  RMS might have strong
opinions, we all do, but I do not see how this makes that FAQ the least
relevant to the Hurd.

> Regarding resources, I am simply stating a fact.  The Hurd lacks
> resources overall.  Otherwise it might have be finished sooner.
> Regarding a worse quality -document-, do you think you can write
> something better than what ESR wrote?  I surely would not take the time
> to do so.  You are negatively extrapolating from what I said.

The Hurd will never become finished.  A finished project is a dead
project.

Yes, I could write something better than what ESR wrote, but why
should I when I do not see a need for such an document? If people are
that stupid than no document will help anyway.

> I can't control what you read into it, but that was not intended at
> all.

I can only read what you wrote. I apologise if this was not what you
wanted to convey.

Anyway, this is quite off topic, if you want to continue this please
remove web-hurd from the CC list.

Thanks,
--
Alfred M. Szmidt