Re: [Wesnoth-dev] Next release?

From: Susanna Björverud
Subject: Re: [Wesnoth-dev] Next release?
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 03:29:09 +0100

Hej allesammans,

The changes in CVS-head is IMHO sufficient to warrant a new release.

However, I think it is reasonable that the level up releases are somewhat more stable than the level internal ones (if that nomenclature makes any sense), therefore I would prefer it if the 0.9 release would be mostly bug fixes, not introduction of new features, major rewrites of code etc.

Therefore, I think it is unnecessary to rush up to 0.9 with the large rewrite of the widgets still being ironed out. Also, the introduction of the LESS_NIMBLE_ELF will certainly have further repercussions on balance, that need playtesting.

Furthermore, we are looking forward to Ayin's rewrite of the multi_player lobby, that I think is sorely needed, but which will be sure to introduce fresh new bugs to be haunted down. Possibly a new release should wait for this re-write.

Best regards, sanna.