Re: [Wesnoth-dev] Next release?

From: Yann Dirson
Subject: Re: [Wesnoth-dev] Next release?
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 21:49:31 +0100

On Sun, Nov 14, 2004 at 08:52:19AM +0100, Guillaume Melquiond wrote:
> I think it is important we start working with two branches, a bug-fix
> branch and a development branch. And after 1.0 release, maybe three
> branches: the stable 1.0 branch, the nice looking branch 1.4.25, the
> development branch 1.5 (which will lead to the next 1.6 nice looking
> branch). I don't mind managing a branch.

Hm, I'm not sure what you'd like the "nice looking branch" to look like.  If
it gets more than important/critical bugfixes from the development branch
(which is how I understand it), then it is likely to require a hell of a
work to maintain, whereas this work could have been better spent on making
the development branch better.

Not to mention that CVS does not help us at all with branch management :)

Best regards,
--
Yann Dirson    <address@hidden> |
Debian-related: <address@hidden> |   Support Debian GNU/Linux: