Re: [Wesnoth-dev] Next release?

From: Guillaume Melquiond
Subject: Re: [Wesnoth-dev] Next release?
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 01:47:16 +0100

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 00:52:45 +0100, Isaac Clerencia
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi, people.
>
> It seems I'm the release manager now and I would like to know your opinion
> about the next release. Instead of asking each one of you in the IRC channel
> I will use our new brand mailing list.
>
> So:
> Do you think we have enough changes for a new release?

Yes.

> Do you have stuff to commit? (I think at least Ayin has)

No. But there is at least a bug that I know of about the widget
rewrite: in some particular conditions, the end of the lines in the
help text area can be eaten by the scrollbar. There is also the
feature of adding single click help browsing. I will be away for a
whole week, so I won't be able to implement them soon. But these are
small details and it doesn't prevent a release.

> Do we want a 0.8.8 or a 0.9 release?

I think we want a 0.9 release. The 0.8.7 version was really looking
good (except for the item dialog) and so it should remain as the last
good version of the 0.8 branch. Now that a lot of pending stuff has
been merged, we should start a new 0.9 branch since there are probably
some things that are broken.

> Do we want a 1.0 release anytime soon?

Once the 0.9 branch looks good, we can release 1.0 I think.

> Should we create a branch for 1.0 release? When?

By the time of 0.9.2, I would say.

Guillaume -- silene