Re: [Wesnoth-dev] Next release?

From: Cedric Duval
Subject: Re: [Wesnoth-dev] Next release?
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 02:10:49 +0100

Guillaume Melquiond:
> > Do we want a 0.8.8 or a 0.9 release?

> I think we want a 0.9 release. The 0.8.7 version was really looking
> good (except for the item dialog) and so it should remain as the last
> good version of the 0.8 branch. Now that a lot of pending stuff has
> been merged, we should start a new 0.9 branch since there are probably
> some things that are broken.

Hmm. Then I think we should state the definition of .0 releases.

For me (and until now), it was a rather "stable" release, at least one
on which we concentrated exclusively on polishing and fixing. (like 0.8,
intended to be good enough to be presented on LSM).

And then, starting with .1, we could begin again to break as much as we
wished.

But I guess that since the big changes already occurred, we can just
change the definition, and say that _now_, "stable" releases are the
last ones of a series, and no more the first ones... :)

--
Cedric