Re: [Wesnoth-dev] A short list of things

From: Guillaume Melquiond
Subject: Re: [Wesnoth-dev] A short list of things
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 21:17:32 +0100

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 14:20:33 -0500, James Spencer wrote:

> 1. Yesterday I told Sangel that I'd put his L3 Orcish Nightstalker to
> the list for inclusion in mainline
> http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4548

I don't want to see this unit in mainline. Same reason as always: yet
another branch that reaches lv3 doesn't add diversity to the game imo.
And as much as possible I would prefer the orcish warlord to be the
only lv3 *orc* in mainline, it fits better the idea I have of Wesnoth
orcs: they are heavy-hitter, they are not archers, and even less
assassins.

> 4. Merfolk, Merfolk, Merfolk, Merfolk & Nagas as well. I recently
> moved TRoW & HttT over to use Jetryl's new Mermen & Nagas. I'd like to
> do the same for the other campaigns so that the old Mermen & Naga's
> can finally be obsoleted.

I consider it a fault that the old Mermen and Nagas were obsoleted
before being completely removed from mainline. Especially since
Wesnoth warns whenever it encounters an obsolete unit. The game should
never have to warn about something we have complete control on. In
case there are still some users of these units in mainline by the time
of the next release, I will remove the obsolete tag to prevent the
game from warning about these units.

So please do as you see fit with the old units. And thanks a lot for
going through the trouble of taking care of it.

> b) What should be done in MP? I have this pet theory about what I'd like:
> - Give the Northerners the new Nagas...

All of them? Or just the fighter? Or another one?

Regards,

Guillaume