Re: [Wesnoth-dev] Ordering of attacks

From: David White
Subject: Re: [Wesnoth-dev] Ordering of attacks
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 16:47:19 -0600

Susanna Björverud wrote:

Hej allesammans,

While going through unit files looking for missing sounds, I found that some units, like the Giant Mudcrawler, have their ranged attack listed before their melee attack in the unit file, and consequently in the attack choice dialog.

It is my intuition that most units list their melee attacks first, and their ranged attacks last. This might be wrong, I have done no survey of it.

This used to be much more common, largely because the AI once, long ago, always attacked with the first weapon on the list. Thus, units generally had their 'primary' attack first. However, some time ago we decided to standardize upon all melee attacks being listed first. Any units which have ranged weapons listed before melee weapons should be changed.

David