[Wesnoth-dev] Confused on 'Classic'

From: James Spencer
Subject: [Wesnoth-dev] Confused on 'Classic'
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 20:54:05 -0500

I was updating for the new Merfolk & Nagas in multiplayer.cfg and I
noticed some oddities in 'Classic'.
- I noticed that some races still have their water units: AKA the Orcs
& Elves. OK, it makes sense that factions should be able to traverse
bodies of water... (or does it?) But this begs the question why don't
the humans have a unit capable of crossing deep water?
-Why do the Orcs still get trolls?

I propose:
1) That the Humans get a water unit, or the Elves & Orcs lose theirs.
I don't really care which way this one goes, but I'm curious about the
reason why.

2) That we remove the Troll from the Orcs in Classic. The Orcs are no
more limited by the absence of the Troll in Classic than most of the
other races are.