Re: [Wesnoth-dev] Re: Confused on 'Classic'

From: James Spencer
Subject: Re: [Wesnoth-dev] Re: Confused on 'Classic'
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 16:41:49 -0500

Yann & Sanna wrote:

> > Making all factions feel the same is maybe not what we
> > want...
>
> I agree, making unique factions also feel unique is IMO a clear plus.

I've always been for preserving the uniqueness of the factions, and
not requiring a 3 level progression for units. The sole concern I have
in this case is that this that this make the humans they only faction
not capable of crossing a map divided by deep water (which is fine by
me). Please recall my original idea leaned more toward 'racial
purification' (AKA, get rid of Nagas, Merfolk, & Trolls), and this
would have removed that capability from two other factions...

It's not like anything 'just has to be done here'. I was just curious
about why 'classic' was the way it was, and if it was 'broken' or not.
If it's not, and everybody's more or less happy with it, that's fine
with me...

In my own mind my definition of 'classic' was:
"Racially pure factions + the capability to cross deep water (or not,
for the sake of consistency)." But I was wrong as pointed out by the
various replies... But now I know :)