Re: [Wesnoth-dev] Re: Confused on 'Classic'

From: David White
Subject: Re: [Wesnoth-dev] Re: Confused on 'Classic'
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 17:18:32 -0600

Yann Dirson wrote:

On Tue, Feb 15, 2005 at 10:49:58PM -0500, James Spencer wrote:
(I sent this reply to Dave originally... It was meant for the list)

Cool thanks... I was suspecting that the troll might have been a copy
and paste error but so long as there is a reason or desire for it
being there I quite happy... Would there be any objections to adding
the Merman Fighter to the Humans?

I'd reply wih the same argument usually given for 3rd-level units : is
there any reason to have all factions being able to act the same ?  It
the humans do not have any units at ease in water, that gives them a
(unique ?) weak point, which could be counter-balanced by a unique
strong point.  Making all factions feel the same is maybe not what we
want...

While it's good to have diversity, it has been a long held 'principle' that all factions should have at least one unit that can cross deep water.

Diversity is nice, but it's also nice to have a common baseline for all factions.

David