Re: [Wesnoth-dev] Changing 'Loyal'

From: Richard Kettering
Subject: Re: [Wesnoth-dev] Changing 'Loyal'
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 16:38:53 -0600

Agreed.  I don't mind the change at all.
On Feb 18, 2005, at 8:42 PM, James Barton wrote:
2) It will provide a clear marking for units which do not cost upkeep. Currently, this is a "hidden" functionality, which is irritating.

This was also a sore point for me.

One final point: I believe HttT and other mainline campaigns should be modified so all volunteer units have Loyal + One More Trait. Haldiel the Horseman could be Loyal and Strong, Elrian could be Loyal and Resilient [explaining his surviving the invasion], etc. This would add a little flavour to units one user recently described as "generics".

And this I VERY STRONGLY agree with. I think this is extremely important - previously, people would strip their lists of these units simply to get ones that actually had traits.