Re: [Wesnoth-dev] More Thoughts on Knalgans

From: James Spencer
Subject: Re: [Wesnoth-dev] More Thoughts on Knalgans
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 14:57:54 -0500

 > Or make a few more underground terrains just so we can have some
> diversity in underground battles.

I agree with this wholeheartedly (I just lack anything resembling
skill to implement it). This has other positive impactions for
scenarios like the "Lost General" in HttT and "The Sewer" in TRoW.

> I concur. I think that if we make ulfserkers decently powerful, the
> dwarves might not have such a problem against poison, because I would
> imagine an Ulfserker as a very good unit to use against assassins.

I agree wholeheartedly here as well. +1 / 0... I would also like to
advocate turning berserk 'off' on Defence.

> >   I don't think dwarven guardmen are as powerful
> >defenders as woses, why should they be crippled to 3
> >movement? Why not give them 4 movement like other
> >dwarves so they can be more mobile and actually be
> >useful?

> I agree.

I agree here as well. Even though there guys are heavily armoured you
can justify it by saying that that legendary dwarven stamina allows
them to endure the heavy load of armour thay carry.

> I think we should try other changes suggested before deciding whether
> the dwarves need this new unit.

Best thing I've heard in a while :)

On Dwarves & Poison:

I'd like to toss something else into the mix... and this is 'just an
idea'... Since:
- we have this lovely traits reorganisation
- we have the ability to do racial traits
- there are complaints about dwarves and poison

Why don't we give the Dwarves a trait that would allow them to gain 1
or 2 extra HP when rest healing?

I think this would be interesting because the Knalga have chaotic
units so the Dwaves with this trait could essentially 'park their
butts' after dark to heal a little more... It's just a thought... I'm
really not fond of the notion of giving the Knalga a healer (Ohh no
I'm becoming a 'Unit Conservative' in my old age!).